St John the Baptist, Ulpha
St John the Baptist, Ulpha, Cumbria LA20 6DT View on map
Probably pre dating the 17th century, with later additions and alterations. The east window is probably 17th century. There are the remains of 17th or 18th century wall paintings, which were uncovered in 1934 and include part of Queen Anne's coat-of-arms.
All year: daily during daylight hours
From Broughton in Furness take road north to Ulpha and Eskdale. 4½ miles from Broughton between Ulpha bridge and the post office. Rail: Foxfield (5 miles).
On street parking
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes