St John the Evangelist, Angell Town
St John the Evangelist, Angell Town, Brixton, London SW9 7NE View on map
Built 1852-3, designed by Benjamin Ferrey in the Perpendicular style. After war damage, a fire in 1947 and subsequent reconstruction, there was a long period of neglect. Later restored and rededicated in 2002. Neighbourhood nursery located in the east end of the building.
All year: Saturday 11am - 3pm. If not open please collect key from Vicarage at 49 Wiltshire Road.
Off A23 Brixton Road. Turn into Villa Road. Church is behind Max Roach Park and at the north end of Wiltshire Road. Rail: Brixton (also underground) ½ mile. Bus: Brixton Road routes 3, 133, 159 and 59; Gresham Road routes 35, 45 and 345.
Nearby meter parking.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes