St John the Evangelist, Ashwell Lane
St John the Evangelist, Ashwell Lane, Cutcombe, Minehead, Somerset TA24 7AJ View on map
Originally constructed in c1100, the north aisle of the church was built in the 14th century and the tower in the 15th. Box pews, a pulpit and five bells were added in the 18th century. The south aisle was built in 1863 and the treble bell was added in 1904.
Open daily in the winter months: 10am-4pm. Until 6pm during summer. Open everyday during the Christmas period.
half mile off the A396 (Minehead to Tiverton) at the far end of Cutcombe Village. Rail: Taunton (25 miles). Bus: Route 398 (Minehead to Tiverton - not a direct service, but stops along the A396)
For major services additional free parking is available in the field opposite the church (weather dependent).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes