St John the Evangelist, Blandford Place
St John the Evangelist, Blandford Place, Seaham, County Durham SR7 7EL View on map
Grade II listed parish church built 1835-40 by Thomas Prosser, north aisle added in 1860 and choir and vicar's vestries added by R.J. Johnson in 1885-6. Nave has first floor gallery and the chancel contains an elaborate stucco and marble monument to the 3rd Marquess of Londonderry d.1854.
All year: daily except Tuesdays & Thursdays 9.00am - 12.00pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
A182 from Seaham towards Sunderland, take B1287 Tempest Road, then across crossroads into Blandford Place. Rail: Seaham (1mile). Bus: No 60 (Newcastle - Seaham).
Ample off street parking
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes