St John the Evangelist, Brunswick Street
St John the Evangelist, Brunswick Street, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 1QS View on map
Parish church 1848-50 designed by JB and W Atkinson of York and altered 1904-10 by Hicks and Charlewood of Newcastle. Notable interior features include ashlar reredos with mosaic image of the Last Supper, an elaborate fresco with gilding and a mandala shaped window with stained glass.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.