St John the Evangelist, Church Street
St John the Evangelist, Church Street, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire BD19 3RN View on map
Gothic Revival church with only the west tower remaining of the Commissioners Church of 1830 by Peter Atkinson. Chancel of 1864 and rest of the church 1886-8 by William Swindon Barber. Spacious interior with 5 bay arcade. Richly carved Caen stone Reredos depicting The Last Supper.
All year: Tuesdays, 9am - 11.30am. Wednesdays, 9.30am - 4pm. Thursdays, 9am - 9.30pm. Saturdays, 9.30am - 12pm. Sundays 10am - 1pm.
Off B6120 in the centre of Cleckheaton. Church Street runs down the side of the Town Hall. Rail: Dewsbury ( 6 miles). Bus: All main bus routes run to Cleckheaton bus station (approximately ½ mile).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes