St John the Evangelist, East Dulwich Road
St John the Evangelist, East Dulwich Road, East Dulwich, London SE22 9AT View on map
Built in 1865 by Charles Baily in Victorian Gothic style with towers and spire, a landmark for this part of London. Reconstructed internally by Comper and re dedicated in 1951 after bomb damage. Goose Green centre for Church and Community opened in 1996 and a new spire was completed in 2005. In 2015 the Church acquired a new organ on long term loan.
Arrangements under review at time of publication whilst church awaits appointment of new Vicar. Normal opening times: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am - 2pm, ring office bell to gain access. During organ recitals on 7 May, 2 July, 17 September, 24 September from 10.40am. Other events 11 June and 26 November. Also open on 23 January, 19 February, 14 May, 30 July, 8 October, 17 December 9.30am - 11.30am approx.
Off East Dulwich Road (A2214) at the top of Goose Green, close to Lordship Lane. Rail: East Dulwich (0.3 miles), Peckham Rye (0.9 miles). Bus: routes 484, 37, 185, 176, 40 and P13.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes