St John the Evangelist, High Road
St John the Evangelist, High Road, Wembley, Greater London HA0 2HX View on map
Early English style church built of flint in 1846 by Sir Gilbert Scott and W B Moffat. The north aisle was built in 1859 and the south aisle added by H R Brakspeare in 1900. Choir, vestry and baptistery added in 1949 by J E Morgan. The church is situated in the old Wembley cemetery.
All year: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am - 12pm.
From Wembley Central Station (Bakerloo line, ¼ mile), turn left down the High Road and church is on right. From Sudbury Town station (Piccadilly line, ½ mile), turn right in Harrow Road and church is on left. Bus: routes 18, 92, 204 and 182 from Euston.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes