St John the Evangelist, High Street
St John the Evangelist, High Street, Wroxall, Isle of Wight PO38 3EE View on map
The church, which was built in 1876-77 by T R Saunders and is now a Grade II listed building, provides an Anglican place of worship for regular Sunday and mid-week services, together with special seasonal services (e.g. the village’s Remembrance Day Service) as well as conducting baptisms, weddings, and funerals for the whole village (population 1800). The south-west porch tower with its steep pyramid roof and obtrusive lucarnes is of 1911, an almost unbelievable date.
Every day: 10am - 4pm.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Wroxall is a small village on the southern end of the Isle of Wight. It is about 2.5 miles north of Ventnor.
Free public car park 50 yds from the church.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes