St John the Evangelist, Thomas Lane
St John the Evangelist, Thomas Lane, Knotty Ash, Liverpool L14 5NR View on map
Grade II listed church built 1836 by Aldridge and Deacon with chancel added in 1890. Fine stained glass window by C E Kempe and one by Edward Burne-Jones. Other notable features include the Queen Victoria window, altar table inlaid with five crosses relating to the wounds of Christ and interesting wall plaques. Graveyard has much historic interest.
Sundays 10am - 11am and 12.30pm - 1.30pm; 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month 10am - 1pm; Wednesdays 9am - 10.30am. At other times by prior arrangement with Revd Roy Doran (tel 0151 228 2396 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Open on Heritage Open Day
From M62 westbound to Liverpool, Knotty Ash is signposted. Rail: Broadgreen (½ mile). Bus: Routes 10, 10a and 10b (Liverpool - St Helens ) or Broadgreen and Alderhey hospital buses.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes