St John the Evangelist, Tipton St John
St John the Evangelist, Tipton St John, Exeter, Devon EX10 0AG View on map
This 'church on a hill' was completed in 1839. The typically Victorian church is stone built and simple in design, with a gallery to the west end. A particular feature of the church is its stained glass windows, one is a copy of Holman Hunt's painting 'The Light of the World'.
Daily: 9am - 5pm (March-November) and 9am - dusk (December-February)
In prominent position near centre of Tipton St John Village, OS Grid Ref; SY087918. Rail: Feniton Station - Waterloo line (7 miles). Bus: No 72 Ottery St Mary - Sidmouth.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes