St John with Our Lady and St Laurence, Thaxted
St John with Our Lady and St Laurence, Thaxted, Uttlesford, Essex CM6 2PE View on map
Parish church. Noted to be the largest in Essex, built between 1340 and 1510. Numerous original features, notably early 16th century east window in chancel. Described by John Betjeman as one of the great churches of England.
All year daily 9am -6pm except when church is hired for community use. In which case there may be an entry charge (for concerts, etc).
8 miles west of M11, junction of B184 and B1051 on Watling Street. Rail: Elsenham 5 miles; Stanstead Airport or Audley End (8 miles). Bus: Village Link 5 (Stanstead airport).
Free car park in Margearet Street.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes