St Joseph, Thimble Mill Lane
St Joseph, Thimble Mill Lane, Nechells, Birmingham, West Midlands B7 5HT View on map
Designed by Augustus Welby Pugin, Lady Chapel built in 1850 to serve new cemetery partly financed by Birmingham Town Council. The existing church was built on to the chapel in 1870 by Edward W. Pugin and restored in 1945 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott.
Outer door is open during the day, allowing visitors a good view of the interior. Access can be obtained by ringing the bell of the attached Presbyery or by phoning the number displayed in the porch.
Exit M6 at junction 6, onto A38 towards city centre. Turn left after railway bridge onto Thimble Mill Lane. Rail: Aston (450 yards). Bus: routes 65, 66 and 104.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes