St Juthware and St Mary, Church Street
St Juthware and St Mary, Church Street, Halstock, Dorset BA22 9SB View on map
Grade II* listed parish church built from local rubble. 15th century tower with five locally cast bells. Nave designed by Victorian architect Augustus Pugin and completed in 1845-6. The chapel in the north aisle was given by the rector, Rev. Irving and dedicated to the Saxon saint St. Juthware. The tradition is that she carried her head to the altar after being beheaded and is the inspiration for some of the Dorset 'Quiet Woman' pub signs.
Daily: 10am until sunset.
In a rural location outside of the village. From Halstock village centre take the road for Chedington/Crewkerne. Immediately after the village hall take the right fork into Church Street. Rail: Yeovil Junction (5 miles).
Additional on-street parking.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes