St Leonard, Church Street

St Leonard, Church Street, Cleator, Cumbria CA23 3DD View on map

12th century chancel with medieval piscina. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1841. The octagonal font with hexagonal bowl dates from the 17th century. The stained glass is by Heaton, Butler and Bayne (London) and Abbott and Co. (London and Lancaster). The organ was made in Durham by Harrison and Harrison. Church records date from 1572 and are kept at Whitehaven Archive Office.

Contact

  • Grant Recipient

    Elaine O'Pray
  • Contact for access

    Mrs Carol Martin

Opening Arrangements

⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.