St Luke Chapel, Weston-under-Redcastle
St Luke Chapel, Weston-under-Redcastle, Shropshire SY4 5UZ View on map
Chapel of ease, now a parish church built in 1791 on medieval site in red sandstone and mainly funded by Sir Richard Hill, second baronet of Hawkstone. Chancel, vestry and porch added in 1879. Stained glass window in memory of the Hill family.
Daily, 9am-5pm. The church is locked over night and the vestry is kept locked.
Church is located near to Burslem town centre. When coming from Newcastle Street (B5051) from the direction of A500, turn left onto Westport Road at the Natwest bank. Take second left onto Hall Street and church is on the left hand side. Rail: Longport Station (1 mile), Stoke on Trent station (4.1 miles). Bus: 98 (from Newcastle under Lyme) 69 (from Hanley) and 20a (from Golden Hill). Buses are approx. every 15 minutes.
On Hall Street itself (free)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes