St Luke, Hodnet
St Luke, Hodnet, Shropshire TF9 3NL View on map
12th century south aisle. Remodelled and south aisle chapel, nave, chancel and octagonal tower added in 14th century. Heavily restored and vestry added in 1846, north chapel added in 1870, possibly by Anthony Salvin, and church further restored in 1883. The famous hymn writer Bishop Heber of Calcutta was once rector.
Almost every day. If closed, the keys are available at the village store adjacent to the church.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
In Hodnet, just off A53 (Shrewsbury - Newcastle). Rail: Shrewsbury (16 miles), Telford (14 miles). Bus: route 64 (Hanley to Shrewsbury).
Additional parking at Bear Hotel.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes