St Margaret of Antioch, Chapel Road
St Margaret of Antioch, Chapel Road, Oldham, Greater Manchester OL8 4QQ View on map
Grade II listed parish church 1877-79 designed by R Knill Freeman. The tower was completed in 1906. South transept window and west window both by J B Capronnier, memorial tablet to James Wolfenden mathematician. Some church furnishing by ‘Mousey’ Thompson.
All year (except Christmas and Easter) Saturdays 10am-1pm. Heritage open days 7-10 September. All other times by appointment. 2018 smh ART exhibition and all over events available on website http://www.magsnchads.org.uk opening times will be included. Charges for some advertised events.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off A62 Manchester to Oldham Road, by Bridgewater Public House. Rail: Metrolink now in operation from Manchester, with a stop at Hollinwood. Bus: Routes 82 and 83 stop on Manchester Road and routes 180 and 184 stop on Hollins Road.
Level access from car park
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes