St Margaret, The Street. Hardwick
St Margaret, The Street. Hardwick, Norwich NR15 2AB View on map
The church is largely Norman but has some Saxon features. Its round tower partially fell in 1770. The porch has an attractive brick and flint chequer pattern. A large wall painting of St Christoper dates from the 14th century. Rising from a window sill is an old 'rood staircase'.
Daily: 9am to 4pm/
- Is part of Ride and Stride
North on A140 (between Diss and Norwich) - follow sign post and turn right into Wood Lane for 'Goodies Farm Shop' - go past it, turn left passing Tyrells Wood - turn left at next junction - take next right into Mill Lane - after 900 metres turn left into Mill Road, after 300 metres the road becomes The Street and after 500 metres the church is located on the left.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes