St Martin, Church Lane, Ashton-upon-Mersey
St Martin, Church Lane, Ashton-upon-Mersey, Sale, Cheshire M33 5QQ View on map
Grade II* church built 1714 with baptistry of 1874. Distinctive black and white tower of 1887 and Lych gate given by Sir William Cunliffe Brooks. There has been a church on the site since 850 AD and the site was a Saxon burial ground. Studded batten door dated 1304 from former church. Stained glass and Sale Volunteers Flag of 1804 displayed.
April 30 May 7,14,21,28 June 2,5,9,12,16,19,23,26,30 July 3,7,10,14,16,17,19,20,21,24,28,31 Aug 4,7,11,14,18,21,28 Sept 1,3,8,10,15,17 10.30am - 4.30pm each day.
Junction 8 M60, at 1st traffic lights turn left into Carrington Lane then 3rd left into Buck Lane, 2nd left into Church Lane. Rail: Sale Metrolink (1½ miles). Bus: No 19 from Altrincham.
Golf club overflow car park usually available.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes