St Mary & All Saints, Glastonbury Road
St Mary & All Saints, Glastonbury Road, Meare, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9TH View on map
Anglican parish church formerly in keeping of Glastonbury Abbey and dedicated in 1323 for Abbot Adam of Sodbury. Elaborate panelled roof to nave and a fine perpendicular stone pulpit. Some medieval stained glass and angel bosses showing traces of colour in south aisle.14th century chancel roof has tie beams and queen posts.
All year: daily 10am - 4pm
3 miles west of Glastonbury on B3151 in Meare village. Rail: Castle Cary (12 miles). Bus: No 668 (Shepton Mallet - Shipham), 2 times a day Mon to Fri.
Limited roadside parking.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes