St Mary and St Bega, The Priory
St Mary and St Bega, The Priory, St Bees CA27 0DR View on map
Working church with Norman entrance and remains of 12th century Benedictine Priory, dedicated to legendary St Bega. Pre- conquest Dragon Stone. Restored 1855 by William Butterfield. Working Father Willis organ (1899), Josephina de Vasconcellos sculptures
The church is open to visitors from early morning until dusk – nominally around 9am - 5pm. Lock up earlier in winter and later in summer.
A595 to Whitehaven and follow signs for St Bees. Rail: St Bees (400m; on Barrow to Carlisle West Coast Rail Link). Bus: Local Services from Whitehaven.
St Bees school (Barony) car park at weekends
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes