St Mary and St Michael, Howroyd Lane
St Mary and St Michael, Howroyd Lane, Lower Whitley, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire WF12 0NB View on map
Grade II listed, built in 1846 by Thomas Wheatley in neo-Norman style. Notable features are oak chancel screen, Binns organ, stained glass by Thomas Williment and pulpit by James Hatch & Sons of Lancaster. Commemorative plaques to the first vicar Henry Bullivent and reformatory schoolmaster John Hepple.
All year: Thursdays and Saturdays 10am - 4pm.
Approximately 5 miles south west of Dewsbury, off B6118. Church is 200 yards down Howroyd Lane from the Woolpack bus stop on Whitley Road. Rail: Dewsbury (5 miles). Bus: No 128 from Dewsbury or Wakefield.
Additional parking in Community Centre car park (100 yards)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes