St Mary and St Peter, Church Street
St Mary and St Peter, Church Street, Harlaxton, Lincolnshire NG32 1JQ View on map
Maude (Matilda), grand daughter of William the Conqueror gave the land to build a church here between 1174 and 1185. The south arcade is Early English, North arcade with round pillars and pointed arches. Trinity chapel has a stone niche cut from a single block which rises from a corbel in a square form. Various wall memorials included fine white marble one of 1683 for Georgius Dale and a fine 600 year old carved font.
All year, daily 9am - 6pm (or dusk if earlier). Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Off A607 Grantham to Melton Mowbray road, 1 mile from the A1 exit for the A607. Rail: Grantham (2 miles). Bus: Grantham to Melton Mowbray route.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes