St Mary, Back Lane
St Mary, Back Lane, Calton Waterhouses, Staffordshire ST10 3JX View on map
Small village church, formally chapel-of-ease, furnished in the Tractarian tradition. Originally 16th century, it was rebuilt in 1762 and restored in 1875. Consists of a nave and sanctuary with an added vestry and porch. Capped wooden bellcote at the west end.
Open Saturdays and Sundays 10am - 4pm throughout the summer months May - September. Three key holders in the village (details available on church noticeboard to telephone for access)
- Is part of Ride and Stride
In centre of village, 1 mile from A523. Rail: Derby (18 miles). Bus: no route.
Additional roadside parking
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes