St Mary, Broadway

St Mary, Broadway, Farcet, Cambridgeshire PE7 3BG View on map

Parish church. The village has Saxon origins and by the mid 10th Century the land was owned by Thorney Abbey. The Manor belonged to the Crown in Elizabeth’s reign but in 1824 it was inherited by Marie the daughter of 14th Lord Saye and Sele of Broughton Castle, Banbury, and remained that way until the early 20th Century. The church itself is dated to the 12th century, specifically the chancel and nave, with the chapel dating to the 13th Century with probably the tower added at this time. This has a splendid Norman lancet in a deep reveal. The chancel arch is dated stylistically to the late 13th Century, while the south aisle and porch are a hundred years later. There was a considerable restoration in 1852


  • Grant Recipient: Farcet PCC
  • Contact for access: Mrs June Swingler
  • 07801 097472

Opening Arrangements

Saturdays: 10am - 4pm.


2 miles south of Peterborough on the A605. Rail: Peterborough Bus: No. 5 from Queensgate Bus Station in Peterborough.

Parking Spaces


available in nearby cul-de-sac.

Disabled Access

  • Wheelchair access: Partial
  • Disabled Toilets: No
  • Assistance dogs: Yes