St Mary De Castro, Castle Street
St Mary De Castro, Castle Street, Leicester LE1 5WN View on map
Stands within the Royal precinct and Castle of Leicester and was founded by Robert de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Leicester in 1107. The church is built on the foundation of a Saxon church. Further building work took place in the thirteenth-century.
Weekdays 12pm - 2pm and Saturdays 2pm - 4pm.
Castle Street is accessed off the St Nicholas Circle one way system in the centre of Leicester. Rail: Leicester (2 miles).
On-street parking around church, multi storey 300 yards from church.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes