St Mary, High Street
St Mary, High Street, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 9PU View on map
Built 1788 on a medieval site. Decorated interior colour scheme, described by Sir John Betjeman as a ' triumph in paint'. Late 19th and early 20th century stained glass. Melvyn Bragg's family windows (2009). 1912 Harrison Organ with historic organ certificate, restored in 2013
All year: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Off A595 approximately 12 miles SW of Carlisle in Wigton, in the High Street on the corner with Church Street. Rail: Wigton (½ miles), Carlisle (12 miles). Bus: Regular services from Carlisle and Cockermouth (http://www.carlberry.co.uk/) for details.
Public car park on Church Street.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes