St Mary Magdalene, The Green
St Mary Magdalene, The Green, Pulham Market, Norfolk IP21 4TA View on map
The church stands behind the Crown Inn on the South side of the Green. It is a large building of flint with stone dressings built in the Perpendicular style. It has a chancel, lofty nave with N & S aisles, N porch with parvis (dated to 1634), and a tower (dated to 1430) with 8 bells. There are many stained glass windows, a painting of the Ascension over the chancel arch and a mediaeval painted celure panel on the E end of the nave roof.
10am to 5pm Summer; 10am to 3:30pm Winter. In practice, the church is often open longer.
Turn off A140 East at round-about to the Pulhams. Church is about 1 mile south of village green. Buses from Diss (nearest railway station), Harleston and Norwich.
On road and village hall car park.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes