St Mary, Main Street, Thixendale
St Mary, Main Street, Thixendale, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 9TG View on map
Grade II* listed church built by Sir Tatton Sykes of Sledmere and designed by George Edmund Street. All windows have stained glass by well known artists Clayton and Bell and Burlison and Grylls. Restored organ built in 1877 is a fine example of the workmanship of Forster and Andrews of Hull.
At all times.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Approx 2 miles north of A166 from York. Turn off at Fridaythorpe to Thixendale. Rail: Malton (11 miles).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes