St Mary, Main Street, Rievaulx
St Mary, Main Street, Rievaulx, North Yorkshire YO62 5AQ View on map
Over 800 years ago, the nave formed the late chapel of Rievaulx Abbey. During the Dissolution in 1598 the Abbey was surrendered along with the chapel which then stood derelict for 368 years. In 1906-7 it was restored as a working church and remains a part of the parish of Helmsley.
At all times.
Take the road to Stokesay from Helmsley, then turn in to Rievaulx, travel for 1 mile up this road. Rail: Thirsk (12 miles) Bus: Sunday service only.
Limited parking at roadside.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No