St Mary, Mudford
St Mary, Mudford, Somerset BA21 5TJ View on map
Essentially a 15th century building, although parts date from the 14th century. The 66ft tower is topped with battlements and pinnacles and has 5 bells which are still in use today. The earliest bell is dated 1582. The south porch roof is dated 1685. The pews are Jacobean and have carved graffiti dating from c400 years ago.
Usually 10am - 4pm weekdays except in bad weather. A notice in porch has details of key holder. A prior call would be helpful.
Road: Mudford is located on the A359, 2 miles north of Yeovil. The church is at the northern edge of the village. Rail: Pen Mill, Yeovil (approx. 4 miles) Sherborne (approx. 5 miles) Bus: South West coaches have a route from Yeovil Bus Station which runs through the village
Roadside parking in narrow lane.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes