St Mary, Oxford Street
St Mary, Oxford Street, Bilston, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV14 7DZ View on map
Grade II listed church, opened in 1830. The interior has a Georgian reredos, original iron window frames and oak furnishings. The poet Henry Newbolt was born here whilst his father was rector. Churchyard at rear laid out as Memorial Garden with benches.
Wednesdays all year, 9am - 12pm. Other times by appointment with key holder (details displayed on church notice board outside)
South of junction between A41 and A463. Rail: Wolverhampton (2½ miles). Bus: route 79 (Wolverhampton to Birmingham). 2 minutes walk from Birmingham to Wolverhampton Metro stop.
On-street parking. Public car park 150 yards.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes