St Mary, Saltdrake
St Mary, Saltdrake, Cottonstones, Calderdale, West Yorkshire HX6 3EU View on map
Built 1848 of coursed squared stone in Early English style with later additions. Three bays of nave are now parish rooms on two floors.
Building is used as a social centre. During school term times 10am - 3pm. A playgroup is present in the parish room section of the building so the main door is kept locked. Visitors need to ring the door bell to be let in and they need to sign the visitors register. At other times access can be arranged with Jim Skelsey (tel: 01422 822936)
A58 from Sowerby bridge, after 2 km turn right at ‘Triangle Inn’. Follow road through Millbank village. Church is at junction of Lumb Lane and Saltdrake. Rail: Sowerby Bridge (approximately 2 miles). Bus: No's 566 and 533 from Halifax via Sowerby Bridge.
Other parking is available on the roadside adjacent to the church
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes