St Mary, Sculcoates Lane
St Mary, Sculcoates Lane, Hull, East Yorkshire HU5 1DP View on map
Parish church 1916-1920 by Temple Moor, incorporating columns from a church of c1760 (closed in 1915). Furnishings in St Patrick's chapel carved by 'the Mouseman' Thompson of Kilburn. Unusual marble and slate obelisk tablet of 1761 with inscription in shorthand and 3 monuments carved by sculptor Thomas Earle (1810 - 1876).
All year: Mondays (excluding bank holidays) and Wednesdays 9.30am - 4pm; Sundays 12noon - 1pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Approximately 2 miles from Hull city centre. Sculcoates Lane runs from A1079 Beverley Road. Rail: Paragon station Hull (2 miles). Bus: Stagecoach nos 4, 6, 7 and 8 and east Yorks nos 121 and 246 run from Hull interchange and stop 5 minutes walk from the church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes