St Mary & St Michael, Howroyd Lane
St Mary & St Michael, Howroyd Lane, Lower Whitley, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire WF12 0NB View on map
Grade II listed, built in 1846 by Thomas Wheatley in neo-Norman style. Notable features are oak chancel screen, Binns organ, stained glass by Thomas Williment and pulpit by James Hatch & Sons of Lancaster. Commemorative plaques to the first vicar Henry Bullivent and reformatory schoolmaster John Hepple.
All year: Thursdays and Saturdays 10am - 6pm. (Church may be closed during bad weather)
Approximately 5 miles south west of Dewsbury, off B6118. Church is 200 yards down Howroyd Lane from the Woolpack bus stop on Whitley Road. Rail: Dewsbury (5 miles). Bus: No 128 from Dewsbury or Wakefield.
Additional parking in Community Centre car park (100 yards)
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes