St Mary the Virgin, Alveley
St Mary the Virgin, Alveley, Shropshire WV15 6ND View on map
A fine example of an English parish church with a high survival of Norman and medieval fabric, complemented by late 19th century restoration work by Sir A.W.Blomfield. The richness of architectural detail throughout the church is noteworthy. Additional interest is found in the variety of fittings and monuments, particularly the 14th century wall painting, the late 15th century altar frontal and the painted reredos of 1887 by C.E. Kempe.
Off A442 Kidderminster to Bridgnorth Road. In Alveley village follow road to the top of the hill and turn left. Rail: Kidderminster (8 miles). Bus: Arriva No 297 (Kidderminster to Bridgnorth).
Additional on-street parking in village.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes