St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane
St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Newton Solney, Derbyshire DE15 0SR View on map
Essentially medieval, with tower and octagonal spire. Modified and embellished over the centuries with major restoration in 1880 by F J Robinson. Notable interior features include two Saxon corbels in the north wall, three effigies of de Solney Knights and medieval tiles below the belfry.
All year: daily 9.30am - 3.30pm (except 25 December - 1 January, and if exceptional weather conditions make opening hazardous for the key holder).
End of Church Lane which is on the north side of B5008. Rail: Burton-on-Trent (5 miles), Derby (12 miles). Bus: Villager (V3 ) between Burton-on-Trent Market and Derby.
12 parking spaces by special arrangement. Limited parking spaces in Church Lane
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes