St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane
St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Drayton Beauchamp, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP22 5LT View on map
Parish church of flint, limestone and ironstone built 15th century using 13th and 14th century material, restored 19th century. Original 15th century stained glass of the Ten Apostles made to fit the east window. Brasses to Cheyne brothers d.1368 and 1374. Chancel contains monument by William Woodman the Elder to Lord and Lady Newhaven d.1728 & 1732, regarded as one of the most outstanding of its type in England. Previous incumbents include Richard Hooker, eminent 16th century theologian and Henry Harpur Crewe, botanist.
Weekends from 1st April to 30th September
- Is part of Ride and Stride
From A41 roundabout at the top of Tring Hill take the lane signposted Drayton Beauchamp as far as Church Lane (single track). Rail: Tring (4 miles), Wendover (5 miles).
Additional parking in adjacent field. Coaches need to park in village lane by arrangement with incumbent or church warden
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes