St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane
St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Newington, Kent ME9 7JU View on map
Large Kentish church dating from 13th -15th centuries, restored in 1862. Notable tower built of banded knapped flint and ragstone. Interior contains fine wall paintings c1340 over entire north aisle and tomb recess. Marble shrine to St Robert le Bouser erected c1350 by Lesnes Abbey, patrons of the church.
- Grant Recipient: PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Newington
- Contact for access: Mr David Lane
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.