St Mary the Virgin, Church Street, Minster
St Mary the Virgin, Church Street, Minster, Ramsgate, Kent CT12 4BX View on map
Known as the 'Cathedral of the Marshes' , St Mary's Church was founded in AD 670. The oldest part of the present building was built just after the Norman Conquest. The nave has stood in its present form since about 1156. The 18 misericords are some of the finest in the south of England.
The church is open to visitors from 9am to 5.30pm during British Summer Time. Winter opening from 9am to 4pm.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
Road: From the A2 join the A299 to Ramsgate and Margate. Follow the signs for Ramsgate. At the roundabout at Minster turn right into the village and the road leads down the hill, through the village to the church. Rail: Minster station ¼ mile from the church. Bus: No. 11 to Canterbury; 42 or 42a to Ramsgate; 38 or 38a to Ramsgate or Broadstairs. No Sunday bus service available.
There is a public car park nearby with 20 spaces; there is also a car park at the railway station with 20 spaces.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes