St Mary the Virgin, Cowley
St Mary the Virgin, Cowley, Gloucestershire GL53 9NL View on map
The foundations of the church were laid in 1200 and the earliest surviving part of the church is now the nave and the barrel-vaulted roof which is of 14th century date. The porch and the tower were added in the 15th century, though the upper of its three stages was rebuilt at the date of Victorian restoration of the building which was completed by the architect Albert Hartshorne in 1872.
Daily during daylight hours.
In the centre of the village, adjacent to Cowley Manor. Rail: Cheltenham (6 miles) Bus: route 51 (Cheltenham - Cirencester)
On-street parking on village roads.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No