St Mary The Virgin, Erwarton
St Mary The Virgin, Erwarton, Suffolk IP9 1LL View on map
Parish church is is dated from the 15th century, including the west tower, but the variety in the facework, especially the surviving areas of small coursed field flints, all suggest a more complex chronology and earlier origins. (a 14th century window survives in the chancel, and the chancel arch may also date from this period). The tower was struck by lightning in 1837 and repaired mainly in brickwork, which included the partial blocking of the belfry windows.
- Grant Recipient: Erwarton PCC
- Contact for access: Mr Duncan Myatt
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.