St Mary the Virgin, Fawley Green
St Mary the Virgin, Fawley Green, Fawley, Buckinghamshire RG9 6JA View on map
Twelfth-century church with Norman tower, scene of a royal wedding in 1231. South transept contains a beautiful Whitlocke monument and vestry has memorial window by John Piper. The churchyard contains a Freeman Mausoleum listed Grade II star.
Open every day between 10am and 4pm.
The church is at Fawley Green, adjacent to the pond. Leave Henley on the A4155. After 1 mile turn left up Icehouse Lane; after two miles turn right. The church is on the left of road. Henley-on-Thames is 3 miles. There is no bus route serving the village.
Extra parking is available at the village hall.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes