St Mary the Virgin, Jackfield
St Mary the Virgin, Jackfield, Telford and Wrekin TF8 7ND View on map
The building is in the French Gothic style. Designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield. The floor of the chancel is covered in decorated Maws tiles. The reredos showing the calvary scene is made from hand painted tiles and was exhibited at the Great Paris Exhibition of 1870.
November-March, 9am-4pm. April-October, 9am-5pm. Dogs are welcome.
Situated on south bank of River Severn within the Ironbridge Gorge in the village of Jackfield. Rail: Telford Central (7 miles). Bus: regular services from Telford to Ironbridge (30 mins walk thereafter)
Additional parking available on the Tile Museum car park opposite the church.