St Mary the Virgin, Lower Street
St Mary the Virgin, Lower Street, Gissing, Norfolk IP22 5UH View on map
Round towered flint and stone Saxon and Norman church built late 11th century. Small side chapel and vestry, 15th century double hammerbeam roof. Monuments to Kemp family, Lords of the Manor from 1324 - early 20th century.
Daily. Dawn to dusk.
In centre of village approximately 6 miles north of Diss or from main A140, turning towards Attleborough on the A1143. Rail: Diss (6 miles). Bus: Symonds Bus Services Route 1 ( Diss - Norwich).
Additional parking at Public House opposite (providing its facilities are used).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes