St Mary the Virgin, Whitton
St Mary the Virgin, Whitton, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 3DB View on map
Grade II listed part Norman church, restored and chancel added 1897 by Sir Aston Webb. Fine stained glass east window by Sir Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris. Marble memorial tablet to Allan Whitefoord d.1776. Many wildflowers in churchyard, part of ‘Caring for God’s Acres' scheme.
Open daily from 8am to dusk.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
From Ludlow follow signs to Caynham and Knowbury, then Hope Bagot and Whitton. From Tenbury Wells take A456 towards Leominster. Rail: Ludlow (5 miles).
Parking in lane below churchyard.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes