St Mary, Wharram Le Street
St Mary, Wharram Le Street, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 9TL View on map
Built in Wharram on the Roman Route from Malton to Beverley c1065. The church was given to the Augustinian Nostell Priory at its foundation 1120-1122 and continued to be held by the prior until the dissolution. A charter mentions the gift of Wharram to Nostell from Robert Fossard with the King and Archbishop Thuston amongst the signatories.
- Grant Recipient: Wharram Le Street PCC
- Contact for access: Mrs S E Teal
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.