St Mary, Willisham
St Mary, Willisham, Ipswich, Suffolk IP8 4SS View on map
Grade II listed parish church built 1878 by H J Green of Norwich. Built re using rubble from the earlier church in the external walls and faced with field stones and flints. The window design is geometric tracery and the interior has good original fixtures and fittings including a fine 15th century limestone font.
Feb 4; March 4; April 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15; May 6, 7; June 3, 8, 9, 10; July 1, 3, 4; Aug 2, 3, 4, 5; Sept 2, 9, 30; Oct 7; Nov 4, 11; Dec 2, 9.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
B1078 from Needham Market, towards Bildeston. Continue through Barking and Barking Tye, then follow signs to Willisham. Rail: Needham Market (4 miles), Bus: Bus Service No 111 between Ipswich and Bildeston stops at Old Post Office (½ mile from church). The church is beyond the village on the right, opposite the Crow Hall sign.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes