St Michael and All Angels, Chester Road
St Michael and All Angels, Chester Road, Chetwynd, Newport, Shropshire TF10 8AB View on map
Grade II* church in the Victorian Gothic style by Benjamin Ferrey, consecrated in 1867. The church has six bells and an organ which were transferred from an earlier church, along with stone and bricks which were reused. Chetwynd is an ancient parish that has a record of a priest in the Domesday Book, while the manor was held by Lady Godiva before the Norman Conquest.
April - September at weekends only, 10am-4pm (dependent upon the availability of volunteers).
- Is part of Ride and Stride
From M6 junction 14, take the A34 to Stone-Stafford; take the first exit at the roundabout and then turn left onto B5405; turn left onto Newport Road; at the roundabout take third exit onto Newport Bypass and then left onto Chester Road, church is on the right. Train: Shifnal (10 miles)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes